At EOSC we offer a variety of Group Exercise Classes for ages 13 and up. Read class descriptions and view our live GroupEx Calendar, which is updated daily.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASS DESCRIPTIONS:
- Gentle Yoga Basics: This class focuses on introducing the fundamental principles and techniques in Hatha yoga. It will include breath-work, postures, meditation and yogic philosophy that is appropriate for all fitness levels.
- Yoga Flow: An all level yoga class that focuses on elementary yoga techniques. A therapeutic approach to yoga as a healing practice this practice links breath with movement.
- Stretch and Strength: Learn several ways of stretching to increase flexibility and muscle tone for the body.
- Chair Exercise: In this class, flexibility, strength and balance exercises are done while seated in a chair, or sometimes standing next to the chair for stability.
- Project 30: This intense 30 minute workout is designed to incorporate the fitness benefits of an hour long class, in half the time.
- Boot Camp: The Boot Camp Class is an outdoor / indoor class that mixes traditional calisthenics with functional exercises designed to push participants harder than they would push themselves. Open to all levels of fitness.
- 30-min Ab Blast: Tired of crunches but want a sexy stomach? The ab blast works your stomach muscles, your oblique’s and your back with a variety of interesting and challenging exercises. These thirty minute classes will leave your midsection sore!
- Pilates: This class focuses on the fundamentals, with exercises that teach focused breathing, core engagement for stability, range of motion for joint strength, flexion and extension of the spine for postural alignment and footwork.
- Zumba: Is the only Latin-inspired dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, created by Grammy Award-winning produces, and contagious steps to form a “fitness-party” that is downright addictive.
- Zumba/Abs: Is a 30-min Zumba class combination with 30-minutes of core strengthening and full body toning. The 30-min Ab section of the class will target your core, arms and butt finishing with a cool down. This class is sure to make you sweat. This class requires that you bring a towel and two 16 oz. water bottles.
- Step Aerobics: Is a great class that will firm, tone and lose body fat as you learn to stay in Step! Step aerobics burns 30-60% more calories than traditional aerobics with particular emphasis on hips, thighs, abdominals and buttocks.
- Belly Fit: Belly Fit is the new age of fitness workout that incorporates belly dance, Bollywood dance, African dance, pilates based core training, and yoga infused stretches.
- African Dance Fitness: Is a dance fitness class for adults. This class is uplifting and healing of mind, body, spirit and soul. You will be re-energized and rejuvenated as you are moved by the rhythm of live drumming and learn traditional West African Dance.
- Jazz Dance: Jazz is a form of dance that is matched to rhythms and techniques of jazz music. Class uses the Katherine Dunham technique of Barre methods to learn body isolations and excited movement to Jazz music.
- Line Dance: This is a choreographed dance class with a repeated sequence of steps. People dance in one or more lines or rows (without regard for the gender of the individuals) all facing each other or in the same direction, and executing the steps at the same time.
- Water Aerobics: (Shallow Water) This vigorous and refreshing class combines movements in shallow water for strength, toning and cardiovascular training, using the natural buoyancy and resistance of water. The buoyancy produced by the water makes standing exercise easier on the joints of the hips and knees. Because water creates 12 times more resistance than air, aquatic training has great potential for muscle definition.
- Self Defense: This Self Defense class is tailored for seniors with 80 low impact exercises that use no more than the individual’s body weight. As fitness levels increase, seniors are taught The Walking Cane Defense, Martial Arts and how to work with various gym equipment to fit their needs.
- High Intensity Boxing: A vigorous 60 minute class that covers the basics of boxing techniques and can be tailored to any fitness level.
- Cardio Kickboxing/Abs: Is a high-energy class utilizing practical self-defense techniques combined with high and low impact moves to improve cardiovascular endurance. You will jab, kick and jump through a great workout! Along with using your kickboxing moves on pads and bags we have an ab intensive section to build your core strength. Come burn off lots of calories and stress all at the same time.
- Cycling: Is a 50 minute class on stationary bikes consisting of a gentle, no resistance, warm-up, and two timed sets of intense interval training. Sandwiched between the two interval training sessions is a recovery period and arm toning section with light weights.
- Cycle Blast: Is a 30 minute class on stationary bikes consisting of a gentle no to light resistance warmup followed by high intensity interval training with high resistance and/or high speed. Good for both beginners and advanced students, everyone works at their own level to get a great workout in a small amount of time.
- Spin: Is a 60 minute class that makes riding a stationary bike fun by adding variety and visualization into your workout. A motivating group setting, energizing music and inspiring instructors make Spinning class an incredible experience.